If you're planning to have alcohol at your event or function, you need to apply for approval.

Applying for approval

The Vice-Chancellor or delegate must provide written approval for anyone to bring, keep or consume intoxicating liquor at any UQ location (except licensed premises).

You will need to complete the form: 

You must submit the form at least 2 weeks before the event. You must have it signed by the:

  • event convenor
  • UQ authority responsible for approving the function, such as the Campus Manager, Union Manager, Head of School or Dean.

You may need a Community Liquor Permit if you supply alcohol, whether it's sold directly or supplied indirectly through tickets, entry and admission charges or other means. After your application is processed, Security will tell you if you also need to apply for a Community Liquor Permit through the Queensland Government Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR).

Complying with alcohol policies

All alcohol usage must be in accordance with the:

Your event must meet the requirements for:

  • alcohol advertising
  • expected consumption
  • certification for servers
  • crowd control by a licensed, UQ-approved security provider.

The Queensland Government has further information on:

For information on events please go to Event advice - About UQ - University of Queensland as we are currently operating under UQ Guidelines due to COVID-19. 

For event enquiries please contact:

PF Events
Property and Facilities